Current information about Covid-19
In the last few months we have been very careful that the reservation processing and also the cancellations could be carried out as carefree as possible. We keep an eye on the current situation day by day and should something change here again, we will also adjust our cancellation conditions accordingly. None of our guests need have any concerns here - we are always trying to find a solution. All current information about COVID-19 is summarized on this page.
CURRENT INFORMATION FOR TIROL-TRAVELLERS:
SINCE 01 AUGUST 2021, THE 3 G RULE APPLIES TO GERMANY FOR ENTRY INTO THE COUNTRY. PROOF OF VACCINATION/ RECOVERY OR A NEGATIVE TEST IS REQUIRED!
Persons who have not been fully vaccinated and have not recovered must carry a negative Corona test (antigen test, max. 48 h old; PCR test max. 72 h old) with them when entering Germany. Tests must have been issued by authorised bodies.
This 3 G rule applies to all countries, thus also to entry into Germany from Austria.
Tests taken in the authorised offices of an accommodation facility are valid according to the current status. Our guests can take the test at the reception without any stress.
I. Corona rules for the hotel industry Status 12.09.2021
The following measures will apply from 15 September 2021:
- The validity of antigen tests is reduced to 24 hours: All antigen tests carried out (even at authorised centres) are now only valid for 24 hours.
This means that adults and children over 12 years of age who are not fully vaccinated or recovered (in the sense of the 3 G rule) must present a negative antigen test (not older than 24 hours) at check-in or must then take a new antigen test every 24 hours.
As an authorised body, we can provide you with this antigen self-test free of charge, but we are obliged to monitor the performance and enter the results in the portal "Tirol Testet- Leistelle Tirol".
- FFP2 mask replaces the mouth/nose protection: Everywhere where the wearing of a mouth/nose protection was obligatory until now, a FFP2 mask must be worn again. This applies to everyday commerce and public transport, including mountain railways. Unvaccinated persons are obliged to wear an FFP2 mask in all commercial enterprises.
- As things stand at the moment, you do not need a mouth/nose protection in the hotel. However, we ask all our guests to wear the mouth/nose protection RESPONSIBLY wherever it is not possible to keep a distance.
Persons who have been tested, vaccinated or have recovered have been allowed to enter Austria without quarantine since 19 May 2021 (except for those entering from high-risk countries with a high incidence). Since 10 June 2021, the entry form (pre-travel clearance) no longer needs to be filled out: Applies to all countries that are not classified as risk areas.
For your return, please observe the entry regulations of your respective country of origin!
Free test possibilities
Fully vaccinated or recovered persons do not need a test! Please carry the documents necessary for proof of immunisation with you. All those who are not yet immunised must take an antigen test every 24 hours. We offer the possibility of testing daily between 08.30 and 09.30 directly at our hotel. Please report to the reception desk - there you will receive all relevant information about the test. These are antigen tests that are valid for 24 hours. The result will be sent directly to your mobile phone.
Gastronomy/ huts alpine pastures
Again, the 3-G rule applies: Admission only for tested, recovered or vaccinated persons. Please ALWAYS carry the proofs with you!
Public transport/ Hiking and alpine bus
Wearing an FFP2 mask is again compulsory on public transport.
Pitztaler mountain railways
Wearing an FFP2 mask is compulsory inside all lifts, when queuing at the lift ticket office and when queuing at the cable car facilities.
Regular cleaning or disinfection of the surfaces of the driving equipment is carried out.
Covid rules in the hotel and B&B Elisabeth
- Upon arrival, you will need a negative Corona test, a vaccination certificate (please pay attention to the current laws regarding full immunisation) or proof of having survived a Covid 19 infection (hereinafter referred to as "entry test").
- When you check in, you have to register, as is customary in accommodations.
- We provide you with sufficient disinfection facilities in all areas of the hotel. Please feel free to use them, in addition to washing your hands regularly.
- For your own safety, use the toilet in your room.
- A disinfection dispenser and disposable gloves are available in the restaurant/dining room and at the buffet.
- Wellness area: Please use the sauna, steam bath, infrared cabin and whirlpool only with people from your own household or circle of acquaintances. Since our leisure area is not too large, we appeal especially to personal responsibility in this area!
Most of our employees are already vaccinated. In addition, all employees are tested once a week. We are also a Save Service member company. We take our role as a responsible host seriously and use the "SAFE SERVICE" learning app as a modern training tool for our staff. Our business has successfully completed the digital training on safety topics such as security measures, distance rules, hygiene or contactless customer experience.
II. We are SAFE SERVICE®
Tyrol's tourism relies on certified safety - and we are part of it: We take our role as a responsible host seriously and use the "SAFE SERVICE" learning app as a modern training tool for our employees. Our operation has successfully completed the digital training on safety topics such as protective measures, distance rules, hygiene or contactless customer experience. New regulations, such as entrance tests, guest registration and prevention concepts, are also part of the training. The app informs about important changes directly via push message to the mobile phone.
In this way, we live SAFE SERVICE® internally and always know which precautionary and safety measures are to be implemented for our guests. We also consciously show SAFE SERVICE to the outside world and make it visible that we are a SAFE SERVICE® company. In this way we make our contribution to making the region visible as a safe holiday destination.
More info: https://safe-service.tirol/qr-check/
III. current cancellation policy due to COVID 19 valid for the summer season 2021
- Free cancellation up to 1 week before arrival during the summer season until 26.09.2021
- Should it not be possible to arrive due to COVID 19 or should an earlier departure become necessary, no cancellation costs will be incurred at any time.
- A rebooking or postponement of the booked stay is possible at any time free of charge and uncomplicated.
Our cancellation policy valid from 13.10.2021:
From 13 October our "usual" cancellation conditions come into force again.
Cancellation conditions in connection with Covid-19 are still free of charge up to 24 hours before arrival.
Reasons for cancellation free of charge are: a positive Corona result (to be submitted in written form), a travel restriction for the province of Tyrol or a ban on leaving your area as well as a state quarantine order for returning travellers.
We are keeping a close eye on the development of the Corona situation and assure you that we will react immediately if necessary.
Here are our generally accepted cancellation conditions
- 8 weeks before arrival 20 %,
- 2 weeks before arrival 40 %,
- 1 week before arrival 80 % and in case of cancellation at short notice, no-show or early departure 100% of the booking value will be charged.
- If arrival is not possible due to COVID 19, no cancellation fees will be charged at any time.
Travel cancellation insurance
To be on the safe side, we recommend our guests to take out our travel cancellation insurance HOTELSTORNO PLUS.
The HotelStornoPlus travel cancellation insurance provides cover in the following cases - Cancellation cover also in the event of COVID-19 illness despite pandemic status
- because you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- because you have an elevated temperature, even if a subsequent test result is negative.
- because you tested positive for COVID-19 without showing symptoms.
- because a close relative (*) or a person living in the same household is ill with COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required.
- because a close relative (*) in the same household becomes ill with COVID-19 and you must therefore go into quarantine.
(*) Relatives are deemed to be the spouse (or registered partner or partner living in the same household), children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children), parents (stepchildren, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents), siblings and brother-in-law/sister-in-law of the insured person - in the case of a registered partner or partner living in the same household, additionally their children, parents and siblings.
All current guidelines are available at the following link: