Current information about Covid-19
In the last few months, we have taken great care to ensure that the processing of reservations and cancellations could be carried out as smoothly as possible. We keep an eye on the current situation day by day and should anything change, we will also adjust our cancellation conditions accordingly. None of our guests need have any concerns here - we always try to find a solution. We have summarised all current information on the subject of COVID-19 on this page.
CURRENT INFORMATION FOR TIROL-TRAVELLERS:
Requirements for entrants to Austria
Current entry requirements
Entry into Austria is possible with a 2G+ certificate. This means that in addition to proof of immunity (vaccinated or recovered), a negative PCR test must also be presented for entry, provided that a 3rd booster vaccination has not yet taken place. An additional PCR test is NOT required for proof of booster vaccination.
From February 2022, the validity of vaccination certificates will be reduced to six months.
Since 16 January 2022, Germany has again classified Austria as a high-risk area.
Therefore, the following measures will then come into force:
- Travellers entering or returning from a high-risk area must inform themselves in advance about entryregistration.com register and upload their valid 2G proof via this portal.
- There is no quarantine obligation for vaccinated and recovered persons. Tested persons, including children, on the other hand, must enter a 10-day quarantine (free testing possible from the 5th day).
- Unvaccinated children under 6 years of age are exempt from this testing requirement. For them, the quarantine ends automatically after five days.(without free testing) regardless of which measures apply to the parents.
I. Corona rules for the hotel industry
Due to the current situation and the current regulation of the Austrian Federal Government, the 2G rule applies to all guests in our house from 20.12.2021 until further notice in the winter season 2021/2022.
Since 20.12. 2021, in addition to proof of immunity (vaccinated or recovered), a negative PCR test must also be presented for entry, provided that a 3rd booster vaccination has not yet taken place. No additional PCR test is required for proof of booster vaccination.
For all our guests who are currently unable to provide proof of immunity, it is unfortunately also currently not possible to stay with us.
As soon as there are changes in the legal text, we will announce them immediately.
The current regulations for children can be found at www.willkommen.tirol. http://www.willkommen.tirol
FFP2 masks are compulsory for our guests and employees in the entire hotel area.
We are also only dependent on the official regulations of the Austrian Federal Government and the European Union. Therefore, we ask for your understanding that we cannot answer all questions at the moment, but we will not stop keeping a close eye on the situation.
In order to deal with this situation responsibly, we are introducing this regulation. So that a winter season can take place this year, we are adhering to these measures. We have a responsibility here for our guests, for our staff and not least for ourselves. We can no longer expect another cancellation like the one last winter, neither for ourselves nor for our team.
Again, ONLY the 2-G rule applies: recovered or vaccinated persons. Please ALWAYS carry the proofs with you!
Since 27.12.2021, a nationwide curfew from 22.00 hrs applies.
Pitztaler mountain railways
The 2 regulation also and exclusively applies to the mountain railways. The following regulations currently apply for a visit to the Pitztal ski areas Pitztal Glacier and Rifflsee: https://www.pitztaler-gletscher.at/covid-19-verhaltensregeln
Covid rules in the hotel and B&B Elisabeth
- When you check in, you have to register, as is customary in accommodations.
- FFP2 masks compulsory in the entire hotel and B&B area except at the seat.
- We provide you with sufficient disinfection facilities in all areas of the hotel. Please feel free to use them, in addition to washing your hands regularly.
- For your own safety, use the toilet in your room.
- A disinfection dispenser and disposable gloves are available in the restaurant/dining room and at the buffet.
- Wellness area: Please use the sauna, steam bath, infrared cabin and whirlpool only with people from your own household or circle of acquaintances. Since our leisure area is not too large, we appeal especially to personal responsibility in this area!
Most of our employees are already vaccinated. In addition, all employees are also tested. Furthermore, we are a Safe Service member company. We take our role as a responsible host seriously and use the "SAFE SERVICE" learning app as a modern training tool for our staff. Our operation has successfully completed the digital training on safety topics such as security measures, distance rules, hygiene or contactless customer experience.
II. PCR Tests & Holiday Ninja Passport
For entry into Austria, the 2G+ rule applies. This means that in addition to the valid vaccination or convalescence certificate, a PCR test that is no more than 72 hours old must be presented. Those who have a "booster vaccination" are exempt from the PCR test obligation.
Children under 12 years of age are exempt from the 2G requirement. Children and adolescents between 12 and 15 years of age who are not fully vaccinated can be vaccinated with the so-called Holiday Ninja Pass meet the 2G or 2G+ status. The Holiday Ninja Pass is equivalent (by means of documentation of serial tests) to a 2G proof for 7 days if ...
- there is always valid negative test evidence from day 1 to day 5.
- basically at least 2 tests of which PCR tests are.
- all official test certificates are connected to the Holiday Ninja Pass.
PCR GURGL TEST PROCEDURE
There are various options in the Pitztal, PCR tests to be carried out. The easiest way is to use the PCR-Gurgltests, which are available in all MPREIS and SPAR supermarkets and can be returned there.
Pick up PCR-Gurgl test
- As a guest you register on https://my.novatium.at/#/login. The address of residence is the Accommodation address in the Pitztal!
- Required are the first name, last name and an e-mail address. A Instructions are available here.
- Every young person between 12 and 15 years of age receives 2 PCR tests after registration, which they then also enter into the system from the gargle test provider.
- To the explanatory video German
- To the explanatory video English
Deliver PCR-Gurgl test
The PCR Gurgltest can be handed in at the issuing supermarkets and at other locations in the Pitztal valley.
III We are SAFE SERVICE®
Tyrol's tourism relies on certified safety - and we are part of it: We take our role as a responsible host seriously and use the "SAFE SERVICE" learning app as a modern training tool for our employees. Our operation has successfully completed the digital training on safety topics such as protective measures, distance rules, hygiene or contactless customer experience. New regulations, such as entrance tests, guest registration and prevention concepts, are also part of the training. The app informs about important changes directly via push message to the mobile phone.
In this way, we live SAFE SERVICE® internally and always know which precautionary and safety measures are to be implemented for our guests. We also consciously show SAFE SERVICE to the outside world and make it visible that we are a SAFE SERVICE® company. In this way we make our contribution to making the region visible as a safe holiday destination.
More info: https://safe-service.tirol/qr-check/
IV Cancellation Policy
Our "standard" cancellation conditions apply.
- 8 weeks before arrival 20 %,
- 2 weeks before arrival 40 %,
- 1 week before arrival 80 % and in case of cancellation at short notice, no-show or early departure 100% of the booking value will be charged.
If arrival is not possible due to COVID 19, no cancellation fees will be charged at any time.
The following applies as a free of charge reason for cancellation:
A positive Corona result (to be submitted in written form), a travel restriction for the province of Tyrol or a ban on leaving your area as well as a state quarantine order for returning travellers.
We are keeping a close eye on the development of the Corona situation and assure you that we will react immediately if necessary.
V. Travel Cancellation Insurance
To be on the safe side, we recommend our guests to take out our travel cancellation insurance HOTELSTORNO PLUS.
The HotelStornoPlus travel cancellation insurance provides cover in the following cases - Cancellation cover also in the event of COVID-19 illness despite pandemic status
- because you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- because you have an elevated temperature, even if a subsequent test result is negative.
- because you tested positive for COVID-19 without showing symptoms.
- because a close relative (*) or a person living in the same household is ill with COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required.
- because a close relative (*) in the same household becomes ill with COVID-19 and you must therefore go into quarantine.
(*) Relatives are deemed to be the spouse (or registered partner or partner living in the same household), children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children), parents (stepchildren, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents), siblings and brother-in-law/sister-in-law of the insured person - in the case of a registered partner or partner living in the same household, additionally their children, parents and siblings.
All current guidelines are available at the following link: